Our teacher training course is an intimate one and completed on a one to one basis with Janet. There will be some additional interaction with other students so you can share your knowledge and learn from each other as well as the opportunity to practice your skills with real students in a safe and supportive environment.
Due to the intensity of the programme Janet will only take on 4 students per year and the course is completed during 12 months at a pace that suits you and your development.
This course focusses on the functional aspects of Hatha Yoga. The fact that we are all different physically and emotionally is at the heart of our Yoga Teacher Training Programme.
We structure our programme so that you will understand this concept anatomically using the system developed by Paul and Suzee Grilley in their internationally acclaimed Yin Yoga Teacher Training programme.
Janet will break down the fundamental poses so that you will understand the intention of each pose, how to pay attention to what is happening, and how to make adjustments according to what stops you. You will then be in a position to provide guidance to others using the same formula.
Janet will also encourage you to find your own unique teaching style as the course unfolds.
Five Key Elements
- Development of your own Asana practice, including essentials of Pranayama and Meditation.
- Comprehensive foundation in Yoga Philosophy.
- Comprehensive foundation in Anatomy and Physiology and its application in the practice of Asana.
- Comprehensive foundation in fundamental asanas, including modifications, adjustments, alignment, and sequencing.
- Practical teaching assignments with genuine students.
- Essential insights into the Yoga Business and setting up as a Teacher
The Course Will Give You
- The ability to teach Level 1 asana classes confidently and competently.
- A thorough understanding that everyone is different and provide you will the tools to adapt your teaching style to make your classes suitable for all.
- This includes modifications, adjustments, sequencing and alignment.
- The chance to explore your communication and teaching style so you can find the style that suits you best.
- An in depth study of yoga philosophy and yoga anatomy.
- The opportunity to develop your own practice, discover what stops you and what you can do about it. This will then enable you to assist others discover the same during your teachings.
- An awareness of the issues that can arise for you as a teacher.
- A professional and ethical framework from which to practice.
- A beautifully detailed colour manual.
Teaching methods include: Lectures, experiential classes, led classes, group work, practice teaching time with real students and the opportunity to review your progress.
On Graduation You Will Receive The Following Certification
- Carlisle Yoga School is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance, which designates this teacher training program as one which follows Yoga Alliance’s standards. Students who complete a verified training with this school are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs).
- Certificate of Completion.
If you would like to find out more information, please complete the application form below and email to Janet at email@example.com
Janet will then be in touch to arrange a meeting so you can discuss further together and decide how best to proceed in the event that you wish to start your training with her.